Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Filters

Quite often when I am analysing files I see filters being used for turning on / off Revit categories. For me that just seems very odd. But since I see it in many files I might be missing something. If you have a good case for the following please let me know.
For example I encounter filters like these. A filter that targets doors but has no filter rules.
Here the filter with visibility on
Here the filter with visibility off
But why not do it here. (In my mind this where you turn off entire categories)
In my mind filters where ment to make distinction possible base on property values. For example here a couple of filters that colour walls based structural functionality.

(I know that the name Walls Structural non Bearing is a bit odd. But its looks nice alphabetically)

Google+ Badge