Thursday, 5 January 2012

Model review part 2 - Walls

This blog is about evaluating a revit file with the tools I got at my disposal


The goal is to find those objects that Revit users have done wrong or are inadequate. The tools I will use are:
  1. The warning system in Revit (WSR)
  2. The Autodesk Revit model review extension (RMR)
  3. Navisworks (NWS)
Errors to find:
1. Walls overlapping
2. Duplicate walls
3. Walls smaller than 1 meter high and higher than 5 meter

I tried running these tools on a real project from a client but these gave so much feedback that it was hell to sift through.

So I started with an empty project so I can create the errors in a controlled manor. I want to be able to automatically find those with the tools mentioned above.

As the title suggest lets start with walls. Below you see 3 walls in Revit and the same 3 walls in Navisworks.
Error 1:


1. WSR finds this error
2. RMR does not find the duplicate wall
3. NWS finds it as a clash but in order to find it you have to set the clash in such a way that every wall join registers as a clash. (It would be great if anyone had some tips)


Disclaimer information
http://danielgijsbers.blogspot.com/2012/08/disclaimer.html


Google+ Badge